How long does a roof last?
The average roof life is 20-25 years. However, some roof materials have a much shorter lifespan, which is why you should choose the type of roofing material that best fits the architecture of your home. Asphalt is the most common type of roofing material. It is economical and easy to install and maintain.
How much does a new roof cost?
It depends on the type of roofing material you use. The roofing material cost will differ with the roof type and the roof size. Roofing material may include asphalt shingles, metal roof systems, concrete tiles, clay tiles, or slate roof tiles. Asphalt shingles start at about $200 – $300 for a simple roofing job. The average cost of a single new roof varies from $4,000 to $10,000. If you plan to install a flat roof, it can cost approximately $3,000 – $5,000.
How much does a metal roof cost?
Metal roofs are normally more expensive than traditional roofs, but you can drastically reduce your costs by finding a reliable installer. The average price of a metal roof is around $14 per square foot in materials. The average installation price is around $4 per square foot, but it can vary depending on your location, the company you choose, and the size of your roof.
Why hire a roofing contractor?
Hiring roofing contractors is an important step when someone is trying to repair their roof or considering adding a new roof. Having a roofer come to your home can provide you with the following benefits:
• Installation of a new roof
• Replacement of old, damaged roofs
• Repair and damage caused by wind, hail, or other weather-related incidents
• Avoiding being sued by your insurance company
• A free inspection of your roof in the event of a storm.
What to ask a roofing contractor?
You can ask a roofing contractor the following questions:
• Tell me about your experience with asphalt shingles, metal roofs, and wood shakes.
• Your years in the industry are important, but your most recent work is the true reflection of your work ethic.
• What makes you better than other contractors?
• What are the three most important qualities for a roofer to possess?
• What makes you the best in town?
How do i find a good roofing contractor?
To find a roofing contractor:
• Visit our website
• Enter your zip code & click on the "Find Pros" button
• You'll get a list of roofing contractors with prices and reviews